The Icare® tonometer is based on a new measuring principle, in which a very light probe is used to make momentary contact with the cornea. The measurement is barely noticed by the patient and often does not even cause corneal reflex. For ophthalmologists this is good news, because the device not only makes IOP measuring a more pleasant experience on all patients, it is also an important break-through for succeeding with non-compliant patients (f.e. children and dementia patients).
The easy usage and dynamic patient flow obtained by the Icare® tonometer make it a very important instrument for general practitioners, optometrists, occupational health care and other medical personnel. Requiring no drops, neither specialized skills for its use the quick and painless Icare® tonometry has an important role in glaucoma screening programs of masses.
Icare Tonometer Brochure
- Reliance Chair with Stand $1500Reliance and topcon lane package -Reliance chair with black boltaflex upholstery , topcon CSIII stand with Over head light Featuring, phoropter arm Counterbalance slit lamp arm.operating controls for chair on console on SL arm. And corded foot pedal - MINT CONDITION $1500 OBO Local pick up only. The chair is located in Arlington, VA. Please call 703-862-66
- Kappa Edgergood working edger, this edger has no tracer or blocker. it is very clean. if you need parts contact me. Rhyno73@gmail.com Attached Thumbnails
- Reliance Chair with Stand $1500
- VSI honors Arvid Vilhelm Lindau born 7/23/1892, a Swedish pathologist and bacter...VSI honors Arvid Vilhelm Lindau born 7/23/1892, a Swedish pathologist and bacteriologist. Lindau is responsible for first describing a coherent link between the retinal, cerebellar and visceral components of a disease he called "angiomatosis of the central nervous system". This disease is characterized by tumors of the retina and the brain, along w
- VSI remembers John Zachariah Laurence an English ophthalmologist who died 7/18/1...VSI remembers John Zachariah Laurence an English ophthalmologist who died 7/18/1870. Laurence and Moon first described the Laurence-Moon syndrome in 1866. A syndrome of retinitis pigmentosa, loss of vision progressing to blindness, mental retardation, stunted stature and hypogonadism.
- VSI honors Arvid Vilhelm Lindau born 7/23/1892, a Swedish pathologist and bacter...
- Aprima chooses VSI for their equipment needs.A big Thank You goes out to Aprima for choosing Vision Systems to equip their new facility. Aprima purchased two complete lane packages, which VSI is very proud to have installed. We are very honored to be a part of … Continue reading →
- Bionic Contact Lenses and Our Future LifestyleEveryone’s heard of Google’s Goggles, and a few weeks ago Vision System told you about new treatments for blindness that were very promising, but have you heard about the bionic contact lenses that researchers at the University of Washington in … Continue reading →
- New Treatments for BlindnessFor hundreds of years we have wanted to cure blindness, we are closer now than ever before. In the past 3 to 5 years scientists, doctors and engineers have made remarkable progress, with 3 new treatment options for certain types … Continue reading →
- Aprima chooses VSI for their equipment needs.