The Canon CR-1 Mark II Digital Retinal Camera epitomizes state-of-the-art non-mydriatic imaging technology with dramatically reduced brightness, improved overall comfort, and significantly shorter exams. For patients having non-mydriatic retinal exams, the bright flash can be unpleasant. The CR-1 Mark II focuses on reducing patient stress to provide comfortable retinal exams by significantly reducing the flash intensity. Because retinal exams play an important role in screening for major illnesses, the ease of examining provided by the CR-1 Mark II supports overall healthcare for people.
- Benefits of Low Flash Intensity
Efficiency of non-mydriatic retinal exams heavily depends on a patient’s darkness adaptation period. The low flash intensity of CR-1 Mark II minimizes miosis, thus shortening the time required for taking multiple pictures such as binocular and stereo images. The reduced brightness induces more patient compliance, leading to speedy and accurate exams for high throughput screening.
- High-Quality Retinal Imaging
Canon’s expertise in the field of imaging technology supports CR-1 Mark II’s exceptional digital retinal imaging capabilities. High-resolution diagnostic images of the retina are extremely detailed and clear, a necessity to effectively detect and monitor ocular conditions such as diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, and macular degeneration.
- 45-Degree Angle of View
The CR-1 Mark II features an optical system that achieves high-resolution diagnostic images at a 45° angle of view suitable for health check-ups and screening.
- 2X Digital Magnification
“2X” mode provides a magnified view of the retina for viewing the details of the region of interest. Sharp images are made possible by the attached EOS digital SLR camera’s high pixel count.
- Ergonomic Controls
CR-1 Mark II has an ergonomic design to simplify operation for the user. A one-hand joystick repositions the camera to the exact view desired. The illuminated operation panel, featuring easy-to-understand control options, has been designed for quick adjustment and selection of the necessary settings. A short reaching distance between the patient and operator allows closer personal interaction and easy access to the patient’s eyes.
- Safe, Secure Patient Positioning
An adjustable motorized chin rest, forehead guard, and front protection cover perfectly situate the patient securely in position for the exam while ensuring their safety during operation. An optional external fixation target is also available.
- Easy Alignment and Focusing
Two simple steps are all it takes to capture a clear image. Step 1 is the aligning of two halves of a split pupil image, followed in Step 2 by the adjustment of split lines and working distance dots in the retinal display. This ensures that the correct focus and working distance are achieved for the sharpest images possible.
- Printers and Projectors
If your imaging requirements include color or black-and-white prints in a variety of sizes, Canon printers offer the terrific blend of print quality, ease-of-use, speed, and cost-effective operation. For teaching facilities and conference rooms, Canon’s high quality projectors provide LCOS (liquid crystal on silicon) technology, which is engineered to provide exceptional color, intricate details, and easy-to-read type.
- Angle of view: 45 degrees
- Magnification of view: 2X (Digital)
- Operation distance: 35 mm from the front of objective lens
- Minimum pupil size: 4 mm (Approximately 3.7 mm in SP mode)
- Image size: 14 mm on the sensor
- Patient’s diopter compensation range: Without compensation lens: -10D to +15D
With “-” compensation lens: -7D to -31D
With “+” compensation lens: +11D to +33D
- Light source: IRED for observation, Xenon tube for photography
- Internal fixation target: LED dot matrix, green
- Working distance adjustment: Anterior eye display: split lines adjustment
- Retinal display: working distance dots
- Sensor resolution: 15.1 megapixels or higher
(Resolution depends on model of attached camera.)
- Attachable digital camera: Canon EOS digital SLR camera
- Built in monitor: 5.7-inch color LCD monitor
Electrical and Environmental
- Power supply: 100-240 AC
- Temperature: 10°C to 35°C
Humidity: 30% RH to 80% RH (with no condensation)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 12.7 inches x 20.7 inches x 21.9 inches
(320 mm x 530 mm x 550 mm)
- Weight: Approximately 47.4 pounds (21.5 kg)